CITY OF PRINCETON ORDINANCE NUMBER 289
ORDINANCE AMENDING THE PRINCETON CITY CODE WITH RESPECT TO ZONING REGULATIONS
BE IT ORDAINED by the City Council of the City of Princeton, Iowa
AN ACT to amend Ordinance No. VI-1, The Zoning Ordinance for the City of Princeton, Iowa, adopted May 4, 1970, and amendments thereto, to:
(1) require builders of certain residential or accessory structures to submit a plan showing the location of certain drainage facilities;
(2) require builders of certain residential structures to minimize effects of water runoff on other properties; and
(3) generally amend laws governing water drainage and runoff by amending Article IV of Ordinance No. VI-1.
BE IT ENACTED,
1. Chapter 165 of the Princeton Code of Ordinances shall be amended, adding a new Section 14 of Article IV and to be considered renumbered with the enactment of new zoning ordinances, as follows:
SECTION 14. WATER RUNOFF MITIGATION.
a. Plot Diagram. Each applicant for a building or occupancy permit for a new residential building or accessory structure, or an addition to an existing residential building, must file two copies of a plot plan drawn to scale showing the location of any existing and proposed drainage structure, including any swale and the general flow of water indicated by arrow to and from each structure.
b. A building permit for a residential building or accessory structure that involves clearing, grading, excavation or construction which is likely to change the flow of water across one or more adjacent properties must require the applicant to minimize any resulting water runoff that is likely to adversely affect any adjacent property.
2. Effective Date. This Act takes effect on
December 7, 2011. Article IV, Section 14, as inserted by Section 1 of this Act, applies to any building for which an application for a building permit is filed on or after that date.
All ordinances or parts of ordinances in conflict with this ordinance are hereby repealed.
If any section, subsection, sentence, clause, or phrase of this ordinance shall be adjudged invalid or unconstitutional, such adjudication shall not affect the validity of the ordinance as a whole or any section, subsection, sentence, clause, or phrase hereof not adjudged invalid or unconstitutional.
This ordinance shall become effective upon publication as required by law.
Approved by the City Council of Princeton, Iowa this 7th day of December, 2011.
Signed by the Mayor of Princeton, Iowa this 7th day of December, 2011.
Keith Youngers, Mayor
AJ Grunder, City Clerk/Treasurer
1st Reading Nov. 10, 2011
2nd Reading Dec. 7, 2011
3rd Reading Waive 12/7/11
Adoption Dec. 7, 2011
Publication Dec. 8, 2011