62.01 VIOLATION OF REGULATIONS. Any person who willfully fails or refuses to comply with any lawful order of a peace officer or direction of a Fire Department officer during a fire, or who fails to abide by the applicable provisions of the following Iowa statutory laws relating to motor vehicles and the statutory law of the road is in violation of this section. These sections of the Code of Iowa are adopted by reference and are as follows:
1. Section 321.17 Misdemeanor to violate registration provisions.
2. Section 321.32 Registration card, carried and exhibited; exception.
3. Section 321.37 Display of plates.
4. Section 321.38 Plates, method of attaching, imitations prohibited.
5. Section 321.57 Operation under special plates.
6. Section 321.67 Certificate of title must be executed.
7. Section 321.78 Injuring or tampering with vehicle.
8. Section 321.79 Intent to injure.
9. Section 321.91 Penalty for abandonment.
10. Section 321.98 Operation without registration.
11. Section 321.99 Fraudulent use of registration.
12. Section 321.104 Penal offenses again title law.
13. Section 321.115 Antique vehicles; model year plates permitted.
14. Section 321.174 Operators licensed.
15. Section 321.174A Operation of motor vehicles with expired license.
16. Section 321.180 Instruction permits.
17. Section 321.180B Graduated drivers licenses for persons aged fourteen through seventeen.
18. Section 321.193 Restricted licenses.
19. Section 321.194 Special minors licenses.
20. Section 321.208A Operation in violation of out-of-service order.
21. Section 321.216 Unlawful use of license and nonoperators identification card.
22. Section 321.216B Use of drivers license or nonoperators identification card by underage person to obtain alcohol.
23. Section 321.216C Use of drivers license or nonoperators identification card by underage person to obtain cigarettes or tobacco products.
24. Section 321.218 Operating without valid drivers license or when disqualified.
25. Section 321.219 Permitting unauthorized minor to drive.
26. Section 321.220 Permitting unauthorized person to drive.
27. Section 321.221 Employing unlicensed chauffeur.
28. Section 321.222 Renting motor vehicle to another.
29. Section 321.223 License inspected.
30. Section 321.224 Record kept.
31. Section 321.232 Radar jamming devices; penalty.
32. Section 321.234A All-terrain vehicles.
33. Section 321.235A Electric personal assistive mobility devices.
34. Section 321.247 Golf cart operation on City streets.
35. Section 321.257 Official traffic control signal.
36. Section 321.259 Unauthorized signs, signals or markings.
37. Section 321.260 Interference with devices, signs or signals; unlawful possession.
38. Section 321.262 Damage to vehicle.
39. Section 321.263 Information and aid.
40. Section 321.264 Striking unattended vehicle.
41. Section 321.265 Striking fixtures upon a highway.
42. Section 321.266 Reporting accidents.
43. Section 321.275 Operation of motorcycles and motorized bicycles.
44. Section 321.276 Use of electronic communication device while driving; text-messaging.
45. Section 321.277 Reckless driving.
46. Section 321.277A Careless driving.
47. Section 321.278 Drag racing prohibited.
48. Section 321.281 Actions against bicyclists.
49. Section 321.284 Open container; drivers.
50. Section 321.284A Open container; passengers.
51. Section 321.288 Control of vehicle; reduced speed.
52. Section 321.295 Limitation on bridge or elevated structures.
53. Section 321.297 Driving on right-hand side of roadways; exceptions.
54. Section 321.298 Meeting and turning to right.
55. Section 321.299 Overtaking a vehicle.
56. Section 321.302 Overtaking and passing.
57. Section 321.303 Limitations on overtaking on the left.
58. Section 321.304 Prohibited passing.
59. Section 321.306 Roadways laned for traffic.
60. Section 321.307 Following too closely.
61. Section 321.308 Motor trucks and towed vehicles; distance requirements.
62. Section 321.309 Towing; convoys; drawbars.
63. Section 321.310 Towing four-wheel trailers.
64. Section 321.312 Turning on curve or crest of grade.
65. Section 321.313 Starting parked vehicle.
66. Section 321.314 When signal required.
67. Section 321.315 Signal continuous.
68. Section 321.316 Stopping.
69. Section 321.317 Signals by hand and arm or signal device.
70. Section 321.318 Method of giving hand and arm signals.
71. Section 321.319 Entering intersections from different highways.
72. Section 321.320 Left turns; yielding.
73. Section 321.321 Entering through highways.
74. Section 321.322 Vehicles entering stop or yield intersection.
75. Section 321.323 Moving vehicle backward on highway.
76. Section 321.323A Approaching certain stationary vehicles.
77. Section 321.324 Operation on approach of emergency vehicles.
78. Section 321.324A Funeral processions.
79. Section 321.329 Duty of driver; pedestrians crossing or working on highways.
80. Section 321.330 Use of crosswalks.
81. Section 321.332 White canes restricted to blind persons.
82. Section 321.333 Duty of drivers approaching blind persons.
83. Section 321.340 Driving through safety zone.
84. Section 321.341 Obedience to signal indicating approach of railroad train or railroad track equipment.
85. Section 321.342 Stop at certain railroad crossings; posting warning.
86. Section 321.343 Certain vehicles must stop.
87. Section 321.344 Heavy equipment at crossing.
88. Section 321.344B Immediate safety threat; penalty.
89. Section 321.354 Stopping on traveled way.
90. Section 321.359 Moving other vehicle.
91. Section 321.362 Unattended motor vehicle.
92. Section 321.363 Obstruction to drivers view.
93. Section 321.364 Vehicles shipping food; preventing contamination by hazardous material.
94. Section 321.365 Coasting prohibited.
95. Section 321.367 Following fire apparatus.
96. Section 321.368 Crossing fire hose.
97. Section 321.369 Putting debris on highway.
98. Section 321.370 Removing injurious material.
99. Section 321.371 Clearing up wrecks.
100. Section 321.372 School buses.
101. Section 321.381 Movement of unsafe or improperly equipped vehicles.
102. Section 321.381A Operation of low-speed vehicles.
103. Section 321.382 Upgrade pulls; minimum speed.
104. Section 321.383 Exceptions; slow vehicles identified.
105. Section 321.384 When lighted lamps required.
106. Section 321.385 Head lamps on motor vehicles.
107. Section 321.386 Head lamps on motorcycles and motorized bicycles.
108. Section 321.387 Rear lamps.
109. Section 321.388 Illuminating plates.
110. Section 321.389 Reflector requirement.
111. Section 321.390 Reflector requirements.
112. Section 321.392 Clearance and identification lights.
113. Section 321.393 Color and mounting.
114. Section 321.394 Lamp or flag on projecting load.
115. Section 321.395 Lamps on parked vehicles.
116. Section 321.398 Lamps on other vehicles and equipment.
117. Section 321.402 Spot lamps.
118. Section 321.403 Auxiliary driving lamps.
119. Section 321.404 Signal lamps and signal devices.
120. Section 321.404A Light-restricting devices prohibited.
121. Section 321.405 Self-illumination.
122. Section 321.408 Back-up lamps.
123. Section 321.409 Mandatory lighting equipment.
124. Section 321.415 Required usage of lighting devices.
125. Section 321.417 Single-beam road-lighting equipment.
126. Section 321.418 Alternate road-lighting equipment.
127. Section 321.419 Number of driving lamps required or permitted.
128. Section 321.420 Number of lamps lighted.
129. Section 321.421 Special restrictions on lamps.
130. Section 321.422 Red light in front.
131. Section 321.423 Flashing lights.
132. Section 321.430 Brake, hitch, and control requirements.
133. Section 321.431 Performance ability.
134. Section 321.432 Horns and warning devices.
135. Section 321.433 Sirens, whistles, and bells prohibited.
136. Section 321.434 Bicycle sirens or whistles.
137. Section 321.436 Mufflers, prevention of noise.
138. Section 321.437 Mirrors.
139. Section 321.438 Windshields and windows.
140. Section 321.439 Windshield wipers.
141. Section 321.440 Restrictions as to tire equipment.
142. Section 321.441 Metal tires prohibited.
143. Section 321.442 Projections on wheels.
144. Section 321.444 Safety glass.
145. Section 321.445 Safety belts and safety harnesses; use required.
146. Section 321.446 Child restraint devices.
147. Section 321.449 Motor carrier safety regulations.
148. Section 321.450 Hazardous materials transportation.
149. Section 321.454 Width of vehicles.
150. Section 321.455 Projecting loads on passenger vehicles.
151. Section 321.456 Height of vehicles; permits.
152. Section 321.457 Maximum length.
153. Section 321.458 Loading beyond front.
154. Section 321.460 Spilling loads on highways.
155. Section 321.461 Trailers and towed vehicles.
156. Section 321.462 Drawbars and safety chains.
157. Section 321.463 Maximum gross weight.
158. Section 321.465 Weighing vehicles and removal of excess.
159. Section 321.466 Increased loading capacity; reregistration.
62.02 PLAY STREETS DESIGNATED. The Police Chief shall have authority to declare any street or part thereof a play street and cause to be placed appropriate signs or devices in the roadway indicating and helping to protect the same. Whenever authorized signs are erected indicating any street or part thereof as a play street, no person shall drive a vehicle upon any such street or portion thereof except drivers of vehicles having business or whose residences are within such closed area, and then any said driver shall exercise the greatest care in driving upon any such street or portion thereof.
62.03 VEHICLES ON SIDEWALKS. The driver of a vehicle shall not drive upon or within any sidewalk area except at a driveway.
62.04 CLINGING TO VEHICLE. No person shall drive a motor vehicle on the streets of the City unless all passengers of said vehicle are inside the vehicle in the place intended for their accommodation. No person riding upon any bicycle, coaster, roller skates, in-line skates, sled, or toy vehicle shall attach the same or himself or herself to any vehicle upon a roadway.
62.05 QUIET ZONES. Whenever authorized signs are erected indicating a quiet zone, no person operating a motor vehicle within any such zone shall sound the horn or other warning device of such vehicle except in an emergency.
62.06 OBSTRUCTING VIEW AT INTERSECTIONS. It is unlawful to allow any tree, hedge, billboard, or other object to obstruct the view of an intersection by preventing persons from having a clear view of traffic approaching the intersection from cross streets. Any such obstruction is deemed a nuisance and in addition to the standard penalty may be abated in the manner provided by Chapter 50 of this Code of Ordinances.
62.07 ENGINE BRAKES AND COMPRESSION BRAKES.
1. It is unlawful for the driver of any vehicle to use or operate (or for any person to cause to be used or operated) within the City any engine brake, compression brake, or mechanical exhaust device designed to aid in the braking or deceleration of any vehicle, which results in excessive, loud, unusual, or explosive noise from such vehicle.
2. The usage of an engine brake, compression brake or mechanical exhaust device designed to aid in braking or deceleration in such a manner so as to be audible at a distance of 300 feet from the motor vehicle shall constitute evidence of a prima facie violation of this section.
3. The scheduled fine for a violation of this section is fifty dollars ($50.00).