140.02 DEFINITION. The term “controlled access facility” means a highway or street especially designed for through traffic, and over, from or to which owners or occupants of abutting land or other persons have no right or easement or only a controlled right or easement of access, light, air or view by reason of the fact that their property abuts upon such controlled access facility or for any other reason.
140.03 RIGHT OF ACCESS LIMITED. No person has any right of ingress or egress to or from abutting lands onto or across any controlled access facility, except at such designated points at which access is permitted.
140.04 ACCESS CONTROLS IMPOSED. There are hereby fixed and established controlled access facilities within the City, described as follows:
Project No. P-99.
On the Primary Road System extension improvement, Project No. P-99,
On the present route of
regulating access to and from abutting properties along said highway all in accordance with the plans for such improvement identified as Project No. P-99, on file in the office of the Clerk.
140.05 UNLAWFUL USE OF CONTROLLED ACCESS FACILITY. It is unlawful for any person to:
1. Cross Dividing Line. Drive a vehicle over, upon or across any curb, central dividing section, or other separation or dividing line on such controlled access facilities.
2. Turns. Make a left turn or a semicircular or U-turn except through an opening provided for that purpose in the dividing curb section, separation or line.
3. Use of Lanes. Drive any vehicle except in the proper lane provided for that purpose and in the proper direction and to the right of the central dividing curb, separation, section or line.
4. Enter Facility. Drive any vehicle into the controlled access facility from a local service road except through an opening provided for that purpose in the dividing curb or dividing section or dividing line which separates such service road from the controlled access facility property.
140.06 PERMITTED ACCESS POINTS. Points of access on U.S. No. 67 are hereby permitted as follows:
140.07 PARKING RESTRICTED. The parking of vehicles on or along controlled access facilities is restricted as follows:
3. Highway 67. Parking is prohibited on either side of U. S. Highway No. 67, from the south corporate line (Station 740+05) to the north corporate line (Station 834+80), except that parallel parking is permitted on the west side of the old inter-urban roadbed from Cherry Street to Clay Street.